The Accidental Blogger

"Remember, always be yourself. Unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The eyes have it

Am I the last one to realize how much more soothing it is to work with the MS Word display switched to white text on a blue background? Wow. Eyestrain-wise, I'm a brand new woman. (Also a brand new Yalie, due to the familiarity of the color scheme. Sniff. Brings back memories.) Big props to my glaucoma-and-cateract-afflicted dad for the tip! He's a resourceful guy, that's for sure -- of course, figuring out how to fudge the eye exam for his driver's license is a slightly less benign discovery, but still, MacGyver would be proud.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger JGSchaeffer said…

    hmmm...I tried this but in TimesNR at 11 point, the white text is slightly blurry from pixellation - must be b/c I've got a laptop screen - probably much better on a good monitor.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger HarleyQ said…

    Try increasing the zoom to 110 or 120%. Looks gorgeous! At least on my laptop screen, anyway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home